This time I decided to experiment with audio and visual combination in Adobe Premier Pro and Audacity. Basically, I took pictures, like screenshots or animated environmental effects, and layered a track of audio behind them. This effect is basically supposed to provide a sense of engrossment to the viewer/reader, which may or may not have a place in my part of the interactive fiction project.
I used Audacity to experiment with my audio only method. I combined certain sounds, like clock ticking, with a hollow wind that people would probably hear from a drafty old house. Balancing the audio was a bit of work but the end result sounded good enough. The problem is deciding which one I will go with, whether it’s simple video and audio work or audio only. Both will be somewhat challenging just fixing everything together, but we’ll see what happens.